Read and download our terms and conditions. Please choose your product below to view the appropriate Terms & Conditions.
Remember, you are the first line of defense in protecting yourself against theft and consumer fraud. But if you need us, we are always here. Please contact Support via email with concerns, comments or questions.
At Creditcare, we’re committed to your financial security. We believe the success of the marketplace is tied to your financial safety and strive to exceed industry standards for privacy and security. You also play a crucial role in safeguarding your information.
Scammers often try to trick consumers by pretending to be employees of financial companies like Creditcare. If someone contacts you asking for information or offering a service, be aware that:
- We will never email you to collect your bank account number, credit card information, Social Security number, or date of birth.
- We will never ask you to download software in an email.
- We will never call or email you to confirm or change your password.
- We will never call you and ask for your credit card or debit card information.
- We will never call or email you to ask for an advance fee in exchange for a loan or payment plan.
Advance fee scams, a type of consumer fraud, are becoming increasingly common. Scammers ask for money up front, in exchange for the “promise” of a loan that they never deliver.
- Don’t pay money for the “promise” of a loan. Ignore any advertisement or hang up on any cold caller who “guarantees” a loan in exchange for a fee paid in advance.
- Remember that it is very uncommon for a lender to guarantee that you will receive a loan before you apply, especially if you have bad credit or no credit history at all. Lenders will almost always check your credit status before offering you a loan.
- Beware of anyone who pressures you to “act immediately” by sending money or personal information.
- Never send money, whether by prepaid debit card, wire or money order, before you receive the actual proceeds of the loan. Most lenders won’t ask you to send funds in advance, and you will have little to no protection if you do.
- Always make sure you are dealing with a reputable company before you give out sensitive financial information. If you have any suspicions, get the company’s contact information directly from their website and call them to make sure you’re dealing with the company you think you’re dealing with.
You consent to receive SMS messages (including text messages), calls and messages (including prerecorded and artificial voice and autodialed) from us, our agents, representatives, affiliates or anyone calling on our behalf at the specific number(s) you have provided to us, or numbers we can reasonably associate with your account (through skip trace, caller ID capture or other means), with information or questions about your application, loan and/or account. You certify, warrant and represent that the telephone numbers that you have provided to us are your numbers and not someone else’s. You represent that you are permitted to receive calls at each of the telephone numbers you have provided to us. You agree to alert us whenever you stop using a particular telephone number.
Creditcare and other Company graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are registered trademarks, trademarks or trade dress of the Company in the U.S. and/or other countries. The Company’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of the Company.
None of Company’s, its parent, any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, providers or their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, independent contractors or licensors (collectively the “Creditcare Parties”) guarantees the accuracy, adequacy, timeliness, reliability, completeness, or usefulness of any of the Content and the Creditcare Parties disclaim liability for errors or omissions in the Content.
This Site and all of the Content is provided “as is” and “as available,” without any warranty, either express or implied, including the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or title. Additionally, there are no warranties as to the results of your use of the Content. The Creditcare Parties do not warrant that the Site is free of viruses or other harmful components. This does not affect those warranties which are incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws applicable to this Agreement.
The Company does not guarantee the accuracy of any User Content or Third Party Content. Although we provide rules for User conduct and postings, we do not control and are not responsible for what Users post on the Site and are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content you may encounter on the Site or in connection with any User Content or Third Party Content. The Company is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the Site or Service. The Company cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Site and/or the Service to obtain a loan.
The Site and the Service may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. The Company assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, User communications. The Company is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on the Site or combination thereof, including injury or damage to Users or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Web and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances will the Company be responsible for any loss or damage, including any loss or damage to any User Content, financial damages or lost profits, loss of business, or personal injury or death, resulting from anyone’s use of the Site or the Service, any User Content or Third Party Content posted on or through the Site or the Service or transmitted to Users, or any interactions between Users of the Site, whether online or offline.
The Company reserves the right to change any and all content contained in the Site and any Services offered through the Site at any time without notice. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation therewith, by the Company.
Your privacy is protected. Creditcare strongly protects your personal and financial information. We’re committed to transparency.
This policy describes how Creditcare collects, aggregates, and uses the information provided by you through our website, www.creditcaretech.com, as well as information collected offline. We take your privacy and the security of your information seriously. This policy explains:
- What information we collect and aggregate, and how we use it
- Choices you can make about the way your information is collected, aggregated, and used
- How we protect personal information electronically and physically
This policy is incorporated into and a material term of your registration and/or use of Creditcare products and services, including our website, www.creditcaretech.com.